Monday, October 19, 2020

Join Me On a Grand Canyon River Trip - Virtually - November 5, 2020

The Covid pandemic has really slowed things down in my world, as I know it has in all readers of Earthly-Musings. Faithful readers have certainly noticed a sharp drop-off in posts from me as I first, recovered from bilateral knee surgery in late 2019; then in March, the travel industry was put in complete shutdown by the worldwide pandemic. My river trip with the Museum of Northern Arizona in May, 2020 was the first cancellation to my schedule (however, it was run later on August 1 with great safety and success). Then, the same month my Smithsonian Journeys trip to Machu Picchu and the Galapagos Islands was canceled. Another Grand Canyon geology-themed river trip scheduled for late August was canceled next. I lost another two trips that were scheduled this month - a 10-day excursion with Smithsonian to Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion; then, an Around the World By Private Jet adventure with TCS Travel (that is a tough one to miss). Patagonia and Easter Island with Yavapai College was scheduled for November and December this year but is now rescheduled for 2021 (fingers crossed). And lastly, my 30th trip to Antarctica, scheduled for January, 2021 with Smithsonian Journeys, will have to wait one more year. These are First World problems I know. People are suffering a lot more from this than losing work and our hearts go out to those who have lost loved ones. Stay safe!

Nevertheless, I have been busy with Zoom lectures for various non-profits including Smithsonian Journeys, Geofest/Earth Science Week, and others. I want to bring to your attention an upcoming lecture for a good cause! Museums have been especially hard hit by the lack of visitation due to the spread of the virus. For that reason, I will be holding a fundraiser for the Museum of Northern Arizona on Thursday, November 5 at 6 PM (Mountain Standard Time). Join me as we take a virtual river trip along the Colorado River in Grand Canyon. I will be highlighting some of the many attractions that can be found on this amazing trip, using some of my best images from trips taken in the last 15 years. Hopefully, next year we can all run the river for real. But in the meantime, come run the river with me - virtually!

Thank you and see you "on the river" November 5!


Virtual Grand Canyon River Trip
Thursday Nov. 5, at 6 pm Mountain Standard Time (8 PM Eastern; 7 PM Central; and 5 PM Pacific)

Ticketed online event, $12 for members/ $15 nonmembers

Take a Grand Canyon river trip with renowned geologist and long-time river runner Wayne Ranney, all without leaving home! Ranney will share images of the geology, archaeology sites, and waterfalls on the Colorado River. This is a fundraiser to support the Museum of Northern Arizona.



1 comment:

If your comment will not post, email me with the problem.