Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Grand Canyon's 100th Anniversary Podcast by the Pew Charitable Trusts


In honor of the 100th Anniversary of the establishment of Grand Canyon National Park next week, the Pew Charitable Trusts asked me to be a contributor to their 15 minute podcast that pays tribute to this world-class landscape. The actual anniversary will be next Tuesday February 26. Please have a listen to the podcast here. The site also includes five of my photographs of the Grand Canyon.

I will be at Grand Canyon the rest of the week and presenting a paper at the 5th Grand Canyon History Symposium. My paper is entitled, Geology for the Proletariate: The Writing of Carving Grand Canyon and Ancient Landscapes of the Colorao Plateau. I am honored to take part in the celebration of Grand Canyon National Parks 100th Anniversary. It is mind-boggling to think that when I first saw the National Park it was only 54 years old.

Happy Anniversary Grand Canyon National Park!

1 comment:

  1. Exhilarating Podcast Wayne!!! Happy Birthday GCNP ❤

    ReplyDelete

If your comment will not post, email me with the problem.