Saturday, November 12, 2016

The Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists Honors "Carving Grand Canyon" with the Geosciences in the Media Award


Tonight, at the Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists (RMAG) annual banquet at the Warwick Hotel in downtown Denver, "Carving Grand Canyon" will be honored with their Geosciences in the Media Award. I received their most welcomed letter on August 30, informing me of the award. Of course, I was thrilled to receive the news.

"Carving Grand Canyon" was first published in April, 2005 and is now in its 2nd edition (2012). As of September 30, 2016, there have been 38,677 copies sold (two editions combined), with an additional 146 e-books sold since 2014. The 40,000 copy likely will be sold sometime around May 1, 2017.

Copy of the award letter send by the Rocky Mountain Association of Geologist
This award follows on the heels of the same award given in 2014 by RMAG to my other book, "Ancient Landscapes of the Colorado Plateau," co-written with Dr. Ron Blakey. You can view the entire list of recipients of the RMAG Geosciences in the Media Award on their web site here.

If you would like to order a specially signed copy from me personally, please click here. If you would like to order a book directly from the publisher, click here.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations friend. The honor is greatly deserved!!! It is my privilege to own a copy and to have had the experience of questioning you about it. All the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Wayne! I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A well-deserved award for a brilliant geologist, researcher, writer. It is also my privilege to own one of your very first copies. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Helen my friend. You've no idea how thankful I am for people like you on this planet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I say that hasn't been said! It's a geological masterpiece. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

If your comment will not post, email me with the problem.