Thursday, March 27, 2014

Newest Grand Canyon Lecture Posted On You Tube

On Thursday, March 20, I hiked 9.5 miles from Phantom Ranch to the South Rim of Grand Canyon. And then later that same day, I gave the Evening Program to over 100 persons. It is the latest update on my lecture, "How Old Is The Grand Canyon".

Mike Quinn of the National Park Service Collections Museum videotaped the lecture and you can watch it here on this You Tube link.

Since the lecture was given to the general public and many of the Park's interpretive rangers, it was difficult to exactly know how deep or wide I should go with the subject. It would've been easy to alienate one population in that varied audience. My goal therefore, was to inspire and intrigue as large a number of audience members as possible, without making it too general and to not include some gems of the new ideas. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent lecture. I just spent an hour watching it and enjoyed it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I caught it on YouTube the other day. Excellent lecture as usual. Also, thanks for your and Ron Blakey's superb books on the subject.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment will not post, email me with the problem.